Jump to content
JoelR

entertainment news The Last Film You Watched?

Recommended Posts

JoelR

What was the last film you watched on DVD, Cinema, or on a service like Hulu / Netflix?

Mine was Ocean's Twelve since it appeared on Netflix.  I actually enjoyed it more this second time around since I was much more into the characters, the banter, and the overall group of friends rather than the heist itself.  

oceans_twelve_ver3.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
wolfe

I just watched George C Scott, Kirk Douglas in the List of Adrian Messenger

hqdefault.jpg

List-Adrian-Messenger-Poster.jpg

Edited by wolfe
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Doug

Dvd. "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2"

 

7xmtxRc9nQnCuWINuTT4SMP5NJc.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Nicolas

I saw this new movie, in France, yesterday and I loved it! 

MV5BMTg1OTA5OTkyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODMwNDU5OTE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
JackFTwist
21 hours ago, JoelR said:

Mine was Ocean's Twelve since it appeared on Netflix.  I actually enjoyed it more this second time around since I was much more into the characters, the banter, and the overall group of friends rather than the heist itself.  

@JoelR : I agree, I enjoy the banter and other interactions among the gang more than the heist plot.  And having Brad Pitt and Matt Damon in so many scenes together speaks for itself!

My latest DVD was the William Higgins 1987 pre-condom classic, “Big Guns,” a take-off on “Top Gun.”  The cast included gay-porn icon Chad Douglas; major stars Jeff Quinn (a personal favorite), Mike Henson (photo #1) and big-dicked John Davenport (photo #2); cutie Kevin Williams, at the time a very young but rising star;  hottie John Rocklin and twink Kevin Wiles, who both went on to fairly notable porn careers; as well as several other hot performers.  (Wiles gets impaled on Douglas’s monster cock, and he didn’t seem to enjoy the experience.)

Mike Henson 'Big Guns' cover 1.jpg   John Davenport 'Big Guns' cover 2.jpg

Oh, wait — did you mean mainstream flick?  I guess that was “The Martian,” with Matt Damon and a classic Disco soundtrack.

Edited by JackFTwist
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
JoelR

Lots of interesting choices!

From vintage flicks to Hollywood blockbusters to ... late-night porno, haha. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
JackFTwist
12 hours ago, JoelR said:

Lots of interesting choices!

From vintage flicks to Hollywood blockbusters to ... late-night porno, haha. 

 

Make that “late-night vintage porno,” thank you very much!  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Doug

Just for the record, I would like to say that I watched Harry Potter because I got fed-up with the thin story lines in the average porn film. I never thought I would ever say this, but I need a short break from the thin plots (I use the term loosely) in porn films.

I think a break from porn for a few hours - I mean weeks, will do me some good:o

I know, I know, nobody will believe that  (not even me!) ;)

Share this post


Link to post
macnasty

The English Patient (one of my favourite films) and then, oh dear, Disney's Cars (4 times, one after another ) - don't ask why, guys! And I never want to see it again (well for the time being anyway).

Actually this is not quite true - pants almost on fire - as the last late-night (and non-vintage) film I'm watching, well you know, it's one of those with all these gorgeous hunks who strip off and get off with each other - the sort noone is interested in on this site, are they?  California Dreamin' - thanks @JackFTwist who posted some pics from it in Specs and Shades the other day.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
macnasty
1 hour ago, macnasty said:

The English Patient (one of my favourite films) and then, oh dear, Disney's Cars (4 times, one after another ) - don't ask why, guys! And I never want to see it again (well for the time being anyway).

Actually this is not quite true - pants almost on fire - as the last late-night (and non-vintage) film I'm watching, well you know, it's one of those with all these gorgeous hunks who strip off and get off with each other - the sort noone is interested in on this site, are they?  California Dreamin' - thanks @JackFTwist who posted some pics from it in Specs and Shades the other day.

 

On reflection - this is what makes this a great, great site, @JoelR - it's fine to  blog about what films we're watching AND what hot men we're watching and lusting after too.

Share this post


Link to post
JoelR
10 minutes ago, macnasty said:

On reflection - this is what makes this a great, great site, @JoelR - it's fine to  blog about what films we're watching AND what hot men we're watching and lusting after too.

It sounds like the films and the skin flicks are often the same thing for some of you ...  ¬¬ ;) :P

Share this post


Link to post
wolfe
8 hours ago, Doug said:

Just for the record, I would like to say that I watched Harry Potter because I got fed-up with the thin story lines in the average porn film. I never thought I would ever say this, but I need a short break from the thin plots (I use the term loosely) in porn films.

I think a break from porn for a few hours - I mean weeks, will do me some good:o

I know, I know, nobody will believe that  (not even me!) 

 

Are you sure you aren't watching  Pinochio? lie to me lie to me

Edited by wolfe

Share this post


Link to post
wolfe

Just watched this again. Ok  so I like the eye candy and I'm a hopeless romantic.

LatterDays.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
wolfe
On 1/11/2017 at 7:25 PM, JackFTwist said:

@JoelR : I agree, I enjoy the banter and other interactions among the gang more than the heist plot.  And having Brad Pitt and Matt Damon in so many scenes together speaks for itself!

My latest DVD was the William Higgins 1987 pre-condom classic, “Big Guns,” a take-off on “Top Gun.”  The cast included gay-porn icon Chad Douglas; major stars Jeff Quinn (a personal favorite), Mike Henson (photo #1) and big-dicked John Davenport (photo #2); cutie Kevin Williams, at the time a very young but rising star;  hottie John Rocklin and twink Kevin Wiles, who both went on to fairly notable porn careers; as well as several other hot performers.  (Wiles gets impaled on Douglas’s monster cock, and he didn’t seem to enjoy the experience.)

Mike Henson 'Big Guns' cover 1.jpg   John Davenport 'Big Guns' cover 2.jpg

Oh, wait — did you mean mainstream flick?  I guess that was “The Martian,” with Matt Damon and a classic Disco soundtrack.

Thanks @JackFTwist watching Big Guns now ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
cody

Hi, Just finished " The Canyons."  A little dark and twisted. A full frontal shot of a nice cock makes the movie. 

Share this post


Link to post
JoelR

Just watched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (which is the newest play / movie in the Harry Potter wizarding world).  

Great special effects, compelling story line but rather stilted conversations - sometimes the special effects and magical creatures were more impressive than the human characters (or "wizards" and "No-Majs," I should say).  The storyline was all over the place.  The movie opens with newspaper clippings of the terror brought upon by a dark wizard Grindelwald in Great Britain, but then the main story follows protagonist Newt Scamander and his American sidekicks Tina and baker Jacob Kowalski chasing after his escaped creatures in New York City (including some rather lovely scenes chasing after the adorable Niffler who has an insatiable lust for gold and precious gems and a lovedance in Central Park zoo with a hippototamus-type of creature) ... then something about an obscurus, a flying phoenix who makes it rain, and then at the very end, it's revealed (spoiler alert) that the head auror was Grindelwald in disguise the entire time!  You can tell I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention ;)  

fantastic-beasts-banner-6-1200x600.jpg

Eddie Redmayne as the main character Newt Scamander was likeable.  He fit the role very nicely with his eager optimism and care for his magical creatures.  

My good friend kept pestering me to watch the movie since he's a Harry Potter diehard (bought the play on the day of initial release), so finally Adam and I went to go see it.  I think it's worthwhile to go and watch it simply because it's part of the Harry Potter / wizarding world of J K Rowling, but I wouldn't call it a stand-out movie on its own.  

Share this post


Link to post

AdonisMale

Welcome to a world of Gods and Men, filled with the most beautiful men and muscular hunks in a free gay community

New Member?

Begin your journey to endless fascination. Register now.

Register

Existing Member?

Return to your journey of male wonder. Sign In now.

Sign In

  • Members

    • Swamprat
    • mrfafa
    • MMark
    • Steve
    • JackFTwist
    • curtgust
    • buffrex
    • tbill
    • dougg
    • CGCG
    • Jean
    • wolfe
    • Loran23
    • KunChan
    • Mshankly
    • suzienudie
    • Rober
    • Leopold
    • rroland
    • JoelR
    • scream4ever
    • maninflipflops
    • Bobby
    • rayjdearn
    • Polarbear62
    • freddiegarcia
    • charlie75
    • Rebekah
    • bks
    • Jeremiah
    • versguy2002
    • shemsl
    • gmak76
    • js1014
    • Doug
    • jb62690
    • jhbufford
    • JORDI
    • SteveA
    • JOS78415
    • moz1972
    • xxxantho
    • Silence
    • AngR
    • Danny
    • radama
    • PGPawel
    • pgandy
    • threeiii4u
    • RedHandedBandit
    • Administrator
    • danielteran
    • ben
    • PhillyTom215
    • keikunee
    • tourist
    • AdonBot
    • FlyGuy66
    • Retsch
    • kerjay
    • tobixy
    • jaycalla
    • matsuYAKkko
    • ladad50
    • vortex63
    • spider
    • csyprince
    • briste
    • LusciousPoet
    • gregorclare
    • khj88
    • Steban
    • jefftitan
    • Croatia
    • Playgirlfan
    • gz62256
    • Bingo
    • speechguyusa
    • Gert1971
    • diaz29
    • idontknowwhoiam
    • grdavid
    • Ionutzahorsee
    • markito66
    • barshu
    • jockster212
    • mwillf
    • macnasty
    • ri7th
    • roryjoe1
    • jazzcat
    • frankie
    • BakerBoy
    • Davie
    • Sipia
    • darrellw
    • Obet88
    • Dendemar
    • Maybach
    • billydalehenry
  • Similar Content

    • JackFTwist
      By JackFTwist
      Lars Slind, super-hunky model and actor (and former standout college football player), stars in “Harley,” a 2015 gay-themed short film.  He has three shirtless scenes, two of them in the shower (alone, unfortunately).  It’s only 10:30 long but covers a lot of territory, so there’s not much detail and it appears to skip around a lot.  It seemed to me as if I were watching a movie trailer.  Slind appears a bit older than he does in the photos below, but he’s still sexy as hell.  Woof, woof!
      According to a few of the comments to the video, there’s a slightly longer version that’s more explicit about the relationship between the two guys, but I couldn’t find it.  “Harley" is also available on Amazon and Vimeo, but the length is the same as the YouTube version, so those don’t appear to be the longer version the comments are referring to.
        
    • JackFTwist
      By JackFTwist
      Here are a review and two related articles about “Fifty Shades Darker,” the sequel to “Fifty Shades of Grey.” 
      (Each of the first two articles contains a link to a trailer for the movie.  Click on the “HD” button near the lower-right corner of the video window for a high-definition version.)   "Fifty Shades Darker" is still steamy, but takes itself way too seriously  (Review: 1 ½ stars out of 4) https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/fifty-shades-darker-is-still-steamy-but-takes-itself-way-too-seriously/2017/02/09/d384d0a4-eece-11e6-b4ff-ac2cf509efe5_story.html
      I loved the comment, "Dornan, meanwhile, is basically playing a robot. He’s enigmatic eye candy, with rippling muscles that go a long way toward making up for his nonexistent personality.”  For male movie characters (but nor for personal partners), rippling muscles are much more important than mere personality.  If you want personality, watch a Tom Hanks movie.  (I’ve confessed many times how shallow I am when it comes to eye candy.)
       
      Women almost never direct big movies. "Fifty Shades" shows why that matters.
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/women-almost-never-direct-big-movies-fifty-shades-shows-why-that-matters/2017/02/09/cc8c2d3c-eed4-11e6-9973-c5efb7ccfb0d_story.html
       
      I placed a Craigslist ad offering my services as a sexual mentor
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soloish/wp/2017/02/10/i-placed-a-craigslist-ad-offering-my-services-as-a-sexual-mentor/
      I’d never heard the term “refractory period” before.  For the record, I’m willing to offer my services as a sexual mentor to any 18-30-year-old male who wishes to explore non-kinky sex with a more experienced one.   (The usual STD/STI-free and safe-sex restrictions apply.)
    • JoelR
      By JoelR
      BY STEPHEN M. SILVERMAN POSTED ON JANUARY 25, 2017 AT 2:41PM EST | People.com | Credit

      Mary Tyler Moore, who played TV’s first sexy housewife and then a single, career woman who could turn the world on with her smile and toss her hat in the air like no other, died on Wednesday. She was 80.
      Her longtime rep issued a statement to PEOPLE: “Today, beloved icon, Mary Tyler Moore, passed away at the age of 80 in the company of friends and her loving husband of over 33 years, Dr. S. Robert Levine. A groundbreaking actress, producer, and passionate advocate for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Mary will be remembered as a fearless visionary who turned the world on with her smile.”
      According to a source, Moore had been on a ventilator and had been hospitalized with pneumonia due to complications from her diabetes.  
      Read more: http://people.com/celebrity/mary-tyler-moore-dead-obituary/
    • JackFTwist
      By JackFTwist
      In case you didn’t see it, this was the "cold open” on “Saturday Night Live” last night (their first show after the 2016 election):
      For those who don’t follow “SNL,” Kate McKinnon has been playing the role of Hillary Clinton in their election-related skits for the last couple of years.  In standard “SNL” tradition, the skits were never flattering to her — their skits are rarely, if ever, flattering to anyone!
      “Hallelujah” was especially poignant last night because it was one of the signature tunes of Leonard Cohen, its songwriter and original performer, who had just died late last week.  (And for me personally, it was both poignant and somewhat reassuring after the results of Tuesday’s presidential election results, which was its obvious intent.  Maybe others will find some small comfort in it, too.  Those who hold different political views may still enjoy the song simply because it’s pretty.)
    • JoelR
      By JoelR

      Okay, so flashmobs may be so 2011, but this rainbow-colored ‘pantsuit power’ flashmob for Hillary Clinton is just the bright spot needed in the final dog days of this election.
      Directors Celia Rowlson-Hall and Mia Lidofsky and choreographers Celia and Crishon Landers put together the flashmob which took place on October 2 in NYC’s Union Square. Set to the tune of Justin Timberlake’s “Can’t Stop the Feeling”, the assembled congregation trotted out their best and most colorful pantsuits to dance for Hillary.
      The video closes with a list of reasons why the dancers support Hillary. The first on the list is “love is love.”

      It might be basic, but it’s also downright ebullient.

      Watch, below.
       
  • Popular Now

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      1,390
    • Total Posts
      35,673
×